We are pleased to announce our Technology Startup selection that will be held in conjunction with the conference
We are now accepting applications for contestants.
As part of the event we have decided to showcase some of the startups that are pushing the envelope and coming up with new approaches of conducting transactions using new technologies.
The Startup event will take place on October 4-5, 2016
There will be a panel of 3-5 judges who will nominate 3 teams to present their business pitch.
The schedule allows for 5 min prep time 10 min presentation and 5 min Q&A.
Jean-Stéphane Gourévitch –International consultant, expert in strategy and public policy issues in digital/mobile convergence in particular mobile payments, mobile banking and mobile commerce
Roger Vandomme –Chief Data Scientist and Principal, Saint Michael Consulting Inc.
Ollie Purdue – CEO & Co-founder at Loot
The startup teams will be selected by the end of February
We have decided to keep the selection criteria pretty open with just a few restrictions:
- It has to be a startup line of business mush be in mobile/e-payment industry that can include companies that are developing e-currencies
- They have to be present at the conference for the event.
- The candidates will send a 7 to 10 pages slides deck presentation in powerpoint format with details on:
- Description of their products/services;
- What needs (e.g. customers, consumers, market needs) they are meeting;
- How do they position on the market and the addresseable market
- Elements about their potential future plans, scaleability, etc.
The benefits for Startups are the following:
- Excellent international and local exposure (we have partnerships with Consul General of France in Toronto).
- Sponsors: Chappuis Halder & Cie, Dentons
- There will be a number of press representatives that will be covering the event (The start -up contest will not be in front of the cameras)
- Opportunity to expand the network in their industry
- All of the participants will be recognized with a certificate and the winners will receive a plaque
- All of the participants will receive a 50% discount on the cost of the tickets
- The finalist will be exhibiting during the whole conference
- The winner will get the costs of the event refunded in full
Dentons offers 3 hours of legal advice
Chappuis Halder & Cie will ofer free mentoring to the winner in their Think Tank
Matchi- 1 year Membership for a value of $7000
The winners will be announced on Thursday before closing of the event.
For more information, please contact us